Jillian Michaels Gets Sued Again
Judging by how many lawsuit Jillian Michaels is getting over her weight loss products – we’d advise that you never, ever buy a single one. “Biggest Loser” star Jillian Michaels was just slapped with another multi-million dollar lawsuit over her weight loss products. This particular lawsuit is over a detox supplement that allegedly “might kill you.”
The class action lawsuit was filed today in L.A. County Superior Court by a woman who has a “very real fear of retaliation OR harassment by Defendants” and only wants to be known as R.D. This woman claims that Jillian’s “Triple Process Total Body Detox & Cleanse” diet supplement contains a “potentially lethal combination of toxic ingredients” … and it “might kill you.”
In the suit, R.D. lays out what she considers to be the risks associated with various ingredients in Jillian’s product, including:
– Irish Moss Powder … “causes gastrointestinal ulcers” and is “so toxic that it is the gel commonly applied to aircraft wings to dissolve ice”
– Bearberry … “known to cause nausea and vomiting”
– Yarrow … “a toxic lawn weed that causes dermatitis”
– Chinese Rhubarb … “a harsh laxative and dangerous diuretic that can cause sever dehydration and may cause irreversible liver damage”
– Fenugreek Seed … “interferes with digestion and causes both diarrhea and gas”
R.D. is suing Jillian and Thin Care International for more than $10 million for “actively and fraudulently” conspiring to hide the alleged dangers of their product.
Since this is the the fourth(?) time that this has happened, it’s safe to say that you should avoid Jillian’s weight loss advice… at all costs.