Update:Jackson died by injecting Demorol
Last night it was suspected that Michael Jackson’s collapse and subsequent death could have been caused by an overdose of painkiller.
An Emergency Room source at UCLA hospital said Jackson aides told medics he had collapsed after an injection of potent Demerol — similar to morphine.
A Jacko source said: “Shortly after taking the Demerol he started to experience slow shallow breathing.
“His breathing gradually got slower and slower until it stopped.
“His staff started mouth-to-mouth and an ambulance was called which got there in eight minutes “But found he was in full respiratory arrest, no breathing and no pulse. They started full CPR and rushed him to hospital.
“When he arrived they started resuscitation, giving him heart shocks and inserted a breathing tube and other supportive measures to try and save his life.
“He never regained consciousness.The family was told that he had passed.”
A record of the call-out read: “50 year old male Not breathing at all.” It gave the time of the call- out as 12.21pm local time.
Medics administered heart massage and oxygen along the route. But they could not revive the star.
Jacko’s family were informed and rushed to his bedside as weeping fans began massing outside the city’s UCLA Medical Centre.
There were screams of “You’ve got to save him, you’ve got to save him” as the star was stretchered in.
Mom Katherine made it to the hospital shortly after her son, although his father Joe was in Las Vegas when told the news. Close pal Elizabeth Taylor also rushed to the hospital to say her goodbyes.
Finally a doctor appeared and told shocked relatives and aides that all efforts to restart his heart had failed and that he had died.
Madonna said in a statement: “I can’t stop crying over the sad news. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever!”
Spears said in a statement: “I was so excited to see his show in London. We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly in to see him. He has been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I’m devastated he’s gone!”