Lady OD’s on Coke…uh, Cola.
When you hear that someone has overdosed on coke, you’re probably not thinking soda. Natasha Harris did exactly just that according to “experts” in New Zealand, died from a 2 gallon a day coke habit! “The first thing she would do in the morning was to have a drink of Coke beside her bed and the last thing she would do at night was have a drink of Coke,” Harris’ partner Chris Hodgkinson said in a deposition. “She was addicted to Coke.”
Hodgkinson testified that Harris drank between 2.1 gallons and 2.6 gallons of Coke every day.
The 30-year-old Harris died of a heart attack in February 2010. According to New Zealand’s Fairfax Media, pathologist Dr. Dan Mornin testified on Thursday that Harris likely suffered from hypokalemia (low potassium levels), which he believes was caused by her overall poor nutrition, including the unusually high levels of Coke consumption.
Seriously?! Who can make this sh!t up???
In fairness to Coca Cola, it is also reported that Harris smoked 30 cigarettes per day and also drank lots of coffee. She had, ”toxic levels of caffeine” in her blood, though it’s not clear if those levels came exclusively from Coke or from a combination of other sources, including coffee.